sparc stack and heap

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jul 25 14:11:17 UTC 2006

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:

> Thanks for the answer Chris.
>
> I'll need to modify some things from the ERC32 bsp, because I need to
> keep some data into RAM between reboots, so I'll have to play with
> heap and workspace addresses.

The simplest think to do would be to edit the linkcmds and reserve an
area after the BSS.  If you
move the "end" symbols to after your reserved block, then it will just
be ignored by the BSP
when it is carving memory.

You could do this in an application specific linkcmds and add
-qnolinkcmds -T myLinkcmds
to the gcc command that links your application.  It would avoid
otherwise changing the
BSP as installed by RTEMS.

--joel