Long Filenames in MSDOS Filessystem

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Fri Mar 17 13:11:25 UTC 2006

Wilfried,

we had internal discussions about that some time ago. From a functional
point t would be nice, from a technical point it would be rather easy to
implement. From a legal point, it might be difficult, because Microsoft
has patents pending some aspects of long filename implementations on FAT FS.

wkr,
Thomas.

Wilfried Busalski wrote:
> Hi
>
> Why does RTEMS didn't support long filenames in MSDOS-FAT?
> If i look around in the Internet many other Free Operationsystems support
> long Filenames in there MSDOS-Filesystem.
>
> Has anybody written a patch  for RTEMS to Support long filenames?
>
> Regards
> Wilfried Busalski

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de