SV: RTEMS 4.6.4 fails on Cygwin

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Mar 14 01:56:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 16:53 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Ole Hansen wrote:
>
> >Hello Joe
> >
> >Are there any preferences of version of GCC + tools to use for building crossgcc  ??
> >

> In general, you should use the same version native to build a cross.

Nonsense - Joel, what makes you say this?

To build GCC/c and GCC/c++ cross, all you need is a sufficiently
ANSI-compliant C-compiler and a sufficiently POSIX compliant run-time
environment.

> >I have been building the crossGCC with help from Lars Munch, but we don't see a solution to the problem.
> >
> >Will any of the prebuilt tools on rtems - homepage work better ??
> >

> They might but I suspect it is something in your environment that is not
> set correctly.
Definitely.

It's something in Ole's environment. Either a broken user environment or
a bug in his Cygwin installation.

Angelo's breakdown clearly is the $LIB issue. The line number from his
error message indicated this and him reporting success after unsetting
$LIB confirms it.

However, I still haven't seen Ole showing us the error message he is
seeing.

Ole, please send me the file <target>/<BSP>/config.log, running
configure for your bsp should have produced.

Ralf