Problem to save file on the hard disk! What I have to set to do it ?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Mar 14 18:52:48 UTC 2006

Where is the code to mount disk filesystems?  I'm browsing around and
can't figure out which is the relevant file.

On Tue, March 14, 2006 7:56 am, Matteo wrote:
> - one is hda2, is for " windows xp " and is FAT32(is about 20GB),
> - another one is hda1, is a free memory FAT16(is about 2.8 GB).

The partition table you presented shows hda1 as linux native filesystem
(type 0x83), so perhaps the RTEMS code to mount does not accept it as a
FAT filesystem.  Typically a FAT16 filesystem would be type 0x4 or 0x6.

Something similiar may apply to hda2.  FAT32 with cylinder/head/sector
addressing is type 0xB, and for some reason FAT32 with LBA addressing is
type 0xC.  I do not know the details of why there is a distinction, I
would expect that on disk structures should be the same no matter how the
filesystem was addressed, but perhaps there are block addresses stored in
the FAT somehow which vary based on addressing scheme.
If that is the case (speculation here), perhaps the RTEMS code knows how
to mount type 0xB but not 0xC.

I admit I am just grasping at this point, as I pointed out above I have
not found the mounting code yet to verify.

>> (LBA)

-- Chris Caudle