RFC: Abandoning mips p4xxx BSPs

Bruce Robinson brucer at pmccorp.com
Tue Mar 21 18:20:17 UTC 2006

I'm building RTEMS for 2 variants of MIPS: PMC-Sierra RM5232 and Toshiba
TX4925. Both are fully capable of 64 operation, but the application doesn't
require it. I think the old tool chain I was using did generate 64 bit code
inadvertently (and worked); but the newer stuff is definitely set up for 32
bit code only.

 From what I've seen, I believe the interrupt handler code would need to be
tweaked to get 64 MIPS working properly again.

Bruce