Mount IMFS from CD

robe0413 at flinders.edu.au robe0413 at flinders.edu.au
Tue May 16 07:33:34 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I am trying to mount a file system into memory from a bootable CD and I am a bit
unclear on how to do this. The CPU is a i386 and BSP is pc386, where I am using
the bootloader GRUB to execute the RTEMS image.

1. Is the IMFS implementation the best course of achieving this?

2. To the best of my knowledge I beleive that I need to create a file system
image and store it onto the CD, where it can then be mounted by the RTEMS. If
this is the correct course of action, how do I go about mounting the file
system image from the CD?

3. If the above is not the correct course, can someone please point me in the
right direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer me on this.

Regards,
David Roberts