Shockwave Flash Tutorial Available for building toolchan & rtems

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue May 30 14:00:06 UTC 2006

jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com wrote:

> I am so new to RTEMS that I decided the best way to learn how to build
> the toolchain and build the necessary libraries was to document the
> process.  I used a nifty program called vnc2swf, recorded my VNC
> session, then watched it and narrated it, used gnome-audio-recorder to
> record my voice, converted it to mp3, and glued that together with the
> shockwave flash to produce an audio/visual presentation.

Sounds like a neat idea.  Does the tool allow you to edit out typos or
missteps?
Just curious, I would hate to have the world see how I actually type. :)

> Is anyone at OAR interested in viewing them and maybe using them at
> rtems.com?  I can put them in an FTP upload directory if you have one.

Go ahead and upload it to the uploads directory on ftp.rtems.com and
I will move it to contrib.  Then everyone can share it.

> This demo was done on an Ultra 80 running Solaris 10 and shows how to
> build i386 cross compiling toolchain and the i386-rtems distribution
> with a pc386 BSP.

Anything helps someone just starting out.