Rtems 4.7 Mingw Tools and automake / LIBTOOL

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Fri Nov 10 06:09:40 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 11:50 +0800, Paul Whitfield wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have got myself stuck!

[ details snipped ]

> NTB: libtool-1.x is not very well suited to cross building, libtool-2.x
> is reported to be better, but ... there had not been a lease, ever.
> I do not recommend to use libtool for cross-compilation, except if you
> really know what you are doing.

Thanks for the advice Ralf, the original library I was building
was done by someone else.

Since I really don't know what I am doing with any of the
autotools stuff I have removed the libtools stuff.

I have successfully rebuilt the offending libraries without using
libtool. I had to beat my head against it for a little while,
but I got there in the end!

Thanks again Chris / Ralf for you help / advice.

Regards

Paul

The information in this e-mail is intended for the addressee only.
Unauthorised use, copying, disclosure or distribution by anyone else
is prohibited. Please let us know immediately if you receive this
e-mail in error. Thank you.