Input buffers that generate interrupts on changes

Steve Strobel steve.strobel at link-comm.com
Mon Nov 13 17:02:55 UTC 2006

We have typically used chips like the SN74LVT162244ADL for reading
the state of switches and other input signals (with a MCF5272).  Of
course that requires polling often enough to make sure we don't miss
any important transitions.  I am looking for suggestions for chips
that would not only allow reading the state of inputs in that way but
would also provide a way to trigger a Coldfire interrupt on any
transition.  I am hoping to avoid programmable logic in this case,
although a really simple programmable part might be an option.  Thanks.

Steve

---
Steve Strobel
Link Communications, Inc.