Fwd: [Qemu-devel] qemu 0.8.2 and RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Nov 13 23:08:28 UTC 2006

http://www.kidsquid.com/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#head-989268518a820a9f33477d3b99754ab5113aa2a3
> Has anyone thought about writing a QEMU BSP for RTEMS?  I'm not a very
> good programmer..

It is just the pc386.  I had it running with the ne2000 driver a while
back but apparently
something has gotten updated.  I even had it working with the serial
ports/com1 as
the RTEMS /dev/console and could run a test and capture the output with
a script.

I wasn't using "-M isapc".  This almost works.  Do I recall correctly
that the IRQ for
the NE2K simulation in qemu is 5.  The RTEMS driver defaults to 9.  Is
there a
command line option to change that?

It can up and /sbin/ifconfig showed the virtual interface.  Now I need
to get the IRQ
right.

Butnow I need to go home. :)

> Although I'm not sure what the old script format looks like - there are
> example qemu-ifup scripts about the net.

I was using this. :)

$ cat /etc/qemu-ifup
#!/bin/sh
   TUN_DEV=$1