Problem report: Struct aliasing problem causes Thread_Ready_Chain corruption in 4.6.99.3

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:03:06 UTC 2006

I vote for 2.

Even if we get the code totally alias clean
one day we'd have to go through this subtle cleanup
procedure again every time something new (a driver, a port, ...)
is contributed. Given that the benefits are (I suspect)
undetectable but subtle problems may be triggered under
rare circumstances I really can't see any advantage
this optimization gives us [OK, some benchmarking
should be done].

-- Till