Windows-RTEMS networking

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Apr 5 00:40:44 UTC 2007

sashti srinivasan wrote:
>   I have already got introduced to RTEMS.  I wish to experience
> networking with RTEMS.  My objective is to establish a TCP/IP network
> between a windows-XP and a PC running RTEMS.  I wish to have both the
> machines connected through a hub.  May I request the members of the
> list to guide me in the process?

There are 2 parts. The first is RTEMS and the best place to start is the RTEMS
Network Supplement which is online here:

http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.7.0/share/rtems/html/networking/index.html

The second part is Windows related and off topic for this list. For Windows
you would need to look at Windows socket type APIs or select a language that
has this support built in and use it. For example Java or Python.

If you need specific help we would need to know the type of RTEMS target and
the BSP.

Regards
Chris