Does RTEMS support PXA320?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Aug 1 14:51:16 UTC 2007

Sang Won Yoo wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
> I have tried to look for the thread, but I haven't.
> Can anyone point me to the thread?

The links I got with Google: "xscale site:rtems.org"
didn't turn up anything useful either.  Just people asking.

This would require a new BSP but the existing ARM
port itself should be sufficient.  There is a Guide to
Writing BSPs and Device Drivers.  In general terms,
you start at "start.S" and work through until you
have hello, then ticker, then network demos running.  :-D

I would recommend finding a decent simulator for the
CPU and using it for some of the development.  Skyeye
probably supports the CPU model you are interested in.

If you want help, OAR and others are available to
write BSPs for you.  There is also a class August 21-24
here in Huntsville.  A significant part of the class is
on BSPs.

--joel