RTEMS 4.7.99.2 Available -- PowerPC/virtex feedback

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 9 20:09:32 UTC 2007

In my "working" configuration (i.e. no isysnc or spurious exceptions), I
can't get my app to start up with 4.7.99.2.

1. Not germane to this discussion, but Thomas owes us a patch in the
xiltemac.c driver - candidate patch attached again.

2. I get an Exception 7 in or just after the call to
_API_extensions_Run_postdriver() on (or about) line 269 of exinit.c.
Stepping in, it is in the first (of ?) extension postdriver_hook(), which:
     2.1 In tasks.c, line 301, calls
(*_RTEMS_tasks_Initialize_user_tasks_p)();
     2.2 Now in taskinitusers.c, function
_RTEMS_tasks_Initialize_user_tasks_body( void ), it dies in the first
call to rtems_task_create on line 71, giving the exception 7.  The task
it was trying to create is my main init task.

Sorry, I have to quit right now on this.  The user_tasks structure at
this point looks fine.  Things are getting too detailed for my
understanding at this point.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...

-Bob