RFC: Core constructors.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Dec 10 20:17:19 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Chris.. do the per-manager initialization routines need to be
> changed to not take parameters for configuration information?

To call the constructors for a specific class you do:

   _CORE_construct( &RTEMS_CTOR_NODE_PARENT( classic ), api_configuration );

For the 'classic' class the api_configuration pointer passed to
_RTEMS_API_Initialize is passed to each constructor. I had to change a couple
of manager to use the API configuration table. Some did while others took just
a value. The _Dual_ported_memory_Manager_initialization is an example. This
made the manager initialise calls all look the same which is not a bad thing.

Regards
Chris