System V semaphores and ipc?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Feb 5 14:32:39 UTC 2007

Amalaye Oyake wrote:

> Does RTEMS support UNIX System V semaphores and ipc?
>
> Specifically I am looking for:
>
> sys/ipc.h - interprocess communication access structure
>
> sys/msg.h - message queue structures
>
> Now I know that RTEMS is not UNIX, but do these headers exist in some
> form? I see some stuff like sys/types.h - data types … if they do not
> I shall use the POSIX mapping.

RTEMS supports POSIX message queues and semaphores.

It does NOT support any of the shm* or mmap related calls. In addition, you
can't fork a process. :)

In general, the first place to look for concurrency calls is
cpukit/posix/src. File access
and libc code is generally divided between libcsupport and newlib.

--joel

--joel