How do I load hello.exe to my lite5200?

Duncan Winn duncan at winnd.sparks.nv.us
Thu Feb 22 23:21:02 UTC 2007

Nickolay Kolchin wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>> The make-exe rule leaves the file in ELF format so is that what u-boot
>> can load?  Do you do anything special to the linked image before
>> downloading it with u-boot?
>
> I'm using this commands in linux shell:
>
> $ powerpc-rtems-objcopy -O binary --strip-unneeded hello.exe hello.bin
> $ mkimage -A ppc -O rtems -T kernel -a 0x100 -e 0x10000 -n "RTEMS" \
>      -C none -d hello.bin hello.img
>
> and then load "hello.img" with U-Boot: tftpboot; bootm
>
> mkimage --- is an utility provided with U-Boot (look inside tools
> directory).
>

>> Is there anyone out there using the Motorola lite5200 or is everyone
>> using 3rd party or custom boards?
>>

> FreeScale lite5200b. Afaik, original 5200 is obsolete and not produced
> any more.
>
>> --joel

>> board uses
>> pm520-ze30

>> bsp
>> When
>> version of
>> >>

> ---
> Nickolay
Thank you for your help.  I successfully loaded my hello.bin as
hello.img and then I tried to let it autoboot the way it did while
running the Linux image (using tftp, bootm).  It told me that it had
loaded hello.img, but I got garbage characters on my terminal window and
changing the baud rate did not seem to help.  The hello.exe file I got from
<my home
directory>/tools/build-rtems/powerpc-rtems4.7/c/pm520_ze30/testsuites/samples/hello

Thank you,
Duncan Winn