Which patches should I use for binutils, gcc and newlib?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Jan 25 17:35:17 UTC 2007

Amalaye Oyake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build Binutils Gcc (4.1.1) and Newlib on a 64bit Xeon
> host box running Ubuntu (64bit) … my target system will be a i386 box.
> What are the correct patches for Binutils, Gcc and Newlib? I see a lot
> of /.diff/ files in http://www.rtems.com/ftp/pub/rtems/SOURCES/ that I
> don’t know if I am to use all of them or just the latest one …

In general, it is always a single patch and choose the one with the
latest date. That
may NOT be the case for specific CPUs which may not work with the latest
version
of something or require a special patch.

For specific and absolutely correct information, check out
rtems-XXX/contrib/crossrpms/rtemsX.Y/CPU/*.add

--joel