Convert Linker Output to Binary File

frank.ueberschar at dsa-volgmann.de frank.ueberschar at dsa-volgmann.de
Tue Jan 30 10:37:17 UTC 2007

Thank you for help,

we recently got this working (MinGW, MSYS, rtems4.7 toolset):

- rebuilt RTEMS, newlib and the application with the -fno-merge-constants
  Flag. After this the unmotivated 0x0 Adresses (.rodata.str1) in the map
  file disappeared.

- there has been one extra memory section in our linker script
  used only to check sizeof some structures.

  Even if this was a NOLOAD Section we got Adresses 0x0 into
  the elf-output. After moving the Adress space into the application
  space it happened to be no problem.

Having done all this objcopy creates a usable binary file
out of the linker elf32-m68k output.

Best regards,
Frank

To: joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com