Problem with FS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jan 16 15:19:25 UTC 2007

Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> The RTEMS source code has many constants declared as enumerations.
> Recently I had the following problem:
>
> I add to the application compilation call flag for the gcc: - fshort-enums.
> This flag makes all enums to be 8bits instead of 32bits as default. this leads
> to the configuration tables in init task creation with 1 byte, while
> libraries still thought about 4 bytes.
> I need this because gcc-3.x does not allow to declare enums with
> __attribute__((packed)), only version 4.
I think this is just another case of where all libraries and the
application have to
match their use of certain flags.  Other examples include the mips -Gn
flag, the
x86 and m68k -mrtd  flag, and various CPUs with ABI selection flags.

You would have to make sure newlib, RTEMS, libstdc++, etc are all compiled
with matching flags.

> And I (and rtems, even 4.7, yes?)
> still use 3.1.

The rtems 4.7 gcc is 4.1.1. :-)