Event Problem in RTEMS 4.6.2

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Thu Jan 25 14:17:37 UTC 2007

The RTEMS event mechanism does not count the number of times an event
has been sent.  For example, consider the following sequence of events:
1) Task A sends an event.
2) Task A sends the same event again.
3) Task B calls rtems_event_receive() and does not block since the
event is pending.
4) Task B calls rtems_event_receive() and does block, because the
event is no longer pending.

Perhaps you need to use a counting semaphore or a message queue to do
what you want.