rtems networking

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Jul 3 13:56:09 UTC 2007

nir levy wrote:
> I am using a batch file with the commands:
>
> set QEMU=d:\qemu
> start cmd.exe /k  %QEMU%\qemu -L %QEMU% -m 256 -boot a -fda
> d:\rtems\i386\rtems-boot.img -hda fat:samples
>
> sould I configure it differently for the loopback test? Since -net nic -net
> user is default for qemu

You have to modify the network configuration to match the
NIC in used by the system.  The loopback test is NOT BSP
specific and does NOT include a driver for any real NIC HW.
It only includes the generic loopback interface.

Use the network demos and use the attached networkconfig.h
as an example.  I haven't tested networking on qemu recently
but this should be the last one I used.

You also have to set up a tunnel interface on the host system.
The qemu documentation has information on this.

--joel