Gdb configuration and compilation

Dr Chris Lee lee at vh-s.de
Thu Jul 26 15:09:19 UTC 2007

Hi

I am trying to remotely debug via ethernet. I am using rtems 4.7.1 on a
i386 target. The gdb version is 6.5 with the rtems-20060713.diff patch
applied

>From what I have seen in the mailing list I should configure the gdb
build with --target=i386-RTEMS which I do, but when I then perform "make
all" it fails when checking the target system type because it does not
recognise RTEMS and claims it is an invalid system configuration.

Could some one give me a hint what I may be doing wrong.

With best regards

Chris Lee

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

                    <000><
     ><00>                                        <OOO><
                                 ><00>
Christopher Lee					Tel:  +49-6202-5756-25
von Hoerner & Sulger GmbH			Fax:  +49-6202-5756-55
Schlossplatz 8
Schwetzingen					Email: lee at vh-s.de
D-68723						Web:   www.vh-s.de
Germany