Webserver Woes with mcf5235 (BCC) and rtems 4.7.1

CWolfe at motioncontrol.org CWolfe at motioncontrol.org
Fri Jul 6 18:09:42 UTC 2007

On 6 Jul 2007 at 12:30, Alan Cudmore wrote:

> The Goahead server seems to work for me on that board. I'm only
> serving a basic text page right now, but it loads fine every time I
I have been serving asp pages, though they are primarily static content--which tends to hide
small binary errorsbecause illegal chars in html files should be ignored (in theory) whereas a
browser interpreting a javascript file (the problem i am having) will see the illegal characters
and stop processing the script, ergo the page breaks.
> hit the refresh button in the browser.
I too have had relative success with textonly/ plain html pages, but then I don't know if they
too have contained characters which simply weren't displayed...
> I can also FTP files back and forth.
ftp doesn't seem to work, but I haven't invested much time into this just yet...
> I can run this from flash and from RAM ( loaded via BDM/GDB )
i run from flash and from ram (via bootstrapped flash image) though I have not had any
success with bdm/gdb after several unpack/patch/configure/build sessions .... i think there's
an issue with the parallel port being an add-on PCI card vs. occupying the default LPT addy,
but I haven't had time to dig too far into that.....

> If you would like, I have a demo application that initializes the
> network, webserver, FTP server, and untars the web page into the IMFS.
> It builds and runs using the 4.7 mcf5235 BSP ( and others )  and
> RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH environment.

It's worth a shot...
I'm currently attempting to work with the most plain vanilla http demo that I can, but It is worth
trying your app if it gives some contrast to what I'm currently doing (doing wrong?).
> Alan
>
> On Jul 6, 2007, at 9:01 AM, <CWolfe at motioncontrol.org> wrote:
>
> > For some unknown reason,
> > illegal characters are being injected into/showing up in the http

Thanks again,
Christopher Wolfe