Request Help with NFS Client Test

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jul 16 19:27:02 UTC 2007

Till Straumann wrote:
> How do you use qemu/PPC with RTEMS?
> What BSP do you use and how do you boot it?
I wish we could use qemu/ppc with RTEMS. :(

I recompiled for pc386 and used the regular old Fedora
qemu RPM binary.

qemu -M isapc -m 8 -boot a -fda /home/joel/qemu/pc386_fda \
   -hda fat:/home/joel/qemu/hd -serial stdio \
   -net nic,vlan=0,macaddr=00:80:7F:22:61:77,model=ne2k_isa \
   -net tap,vlan=0

/etc/qemu-ifup is:

#!/bin/sh
   TUN_DEV=$1
   TUN_HOST=10.0.2.2
/sbin/ifconfig $TUN_DEV $TUN_HOST

I am using the same old qemu specific networkconfig.h but I had
to switch the static IP to 10.0.2.5 to make it work.  As best I can
tell, 10.0.2.4 is used by a virtual SMB server now.  I have attached
this file.

I didn't have any luck getting the RTEMS application to use DHCP
inside of qemu.

I can ping, run the netdemo, run httpd and run nfsclient.  But nfsclient
doesn't successfully mount the remote filesystem.  It could easily
be a routing problem on qemu.

I appreciate the help.  Ralf is finishing up merging the NFS client and
I want to have a test of it in the network demos.

--joel

> T.
>
> Joel Sherrill wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be easier to run my test and see if
>>> it works for you with the NFS mounts changed
>>> or is horribly broken?
>>>
>>> The back track shows it is a NULL jump in the
>>> network driver.
>>> 0x00053EA8--> 0x0004E080--> 0x0004E164--> 0x00000006--> 0x0004B5D8
>>> 0x0004C2E0--> 0x00069458--> 0x00098A24--> 0x0009899C
>>>
>>> 0x00053EA8--> CPU_print_stack
>>> 0x0004E080--> C_exception_handler
>>> 0x0004E164--> push_normalized_frame
>>> 0x00000006--> ?????