Problems initializing Network driver on MCF5235 Coldfire

CWolfe at motioncontrol.org CWolfe at motioncontrol.org
Thu Jun 21 13:29:51 UTC 2007

I Forwarded my responses to the list, but I'll summarize what's going on....
I can compile/upload/execute all(I believe) of the samples from the testsuites.
when I try to initialize the network using a non-loopback interface, the execution
dips into some black hole where I can't trace it. I have been able to trace the code into

http.c::init()
  |--rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network()
     |--rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_initialize()
     |    |--rtems_glue.c::bsd_init()
     |        |--blah blah blah <makes it past all of this>

     |--rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_attach(ifp)
     |    |-- blah blah blah <makes it past all of this>
     |        |--rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_setup()

     |--rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig()
          |---rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_semaphore_obtain()
          |--blah blah blah <makes it past call to ioctl which I
                                       believe "UP"s the interface...???>
          |---rtems_glue.c::rtems_bsdnet_semaphore_release()
                           <======here it dies, on/while returning from semaphore_release()>

but i can't trace any further into it. At Joel's Suggestion, I added some LEDs to the board to
use in trouble shooting, but as of right now, I don't know where in the code to look/place
debugging code...

Thank you for your time.
Christopher Wolfe
Motion Control Systems, Inc.