C++ Usage Issues - Problems, Solutions, and Suggestions

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 21 15:08:47 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> So you don't have to page to the bottom..
>
> + I think the CONFIGURE_TEST_XXX uses should be
> fixed now.  Or at least confdefs.h will give an error that
> they are obsolete.  I got bit by this one on some code myself.
The example in Chapter 25 of the "RTEMS C Users Guide" also has this
near the bottom:

#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER  /* for stdio */
#define CONFIGURE_TEST_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER    /* for time services */

Perhaps a global grep on CONFIGURE_TEST is a good idea?  :-)

> + Please send a patch for everything you changed.  I don't
> care about the .c->.cc changes but the ones that improve
> the correctness of the code are VERY important.
Okay, will do

> + I obviously need to add the network demos to the automated
> build sweep.  When networking is configured, I should at least
> compile all demos with the loopback driver configured.
Good idea!

Thanks, guys!
-Bob