CANOpen implementation over RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Jun 13 13:45:14 UTC 2007

Wolfram Wadepohl wrote:
> we have implemented CANfestival in 1.31 version.
> there were many issuues we fixed but a general design problem remains,
> which i would explain if anybody is intereted.
> we got it licensend from the author under a diffent license to make it
> compatible with RTEMS licensing.
>
> version 2.x was incompatible from licensing
>
> version 3.0 is LGPL licensed, so compatible with RTMES but i have not
> looked at it.

I didn't know any CAN stack was ported to RTEMS.

I cut and pasted the information above to
http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/CanFestival
Would you mind reviewing it and adding what you think is needed?
> in the powerpc/gen5200 BSP is a CANdriver implemented. there is no
> standard interface from middleware as CANopen to access the driver.
>
> it works, but we have plans to rewrite the CANopen layer from scratch.
> what are your requirements? do you need master or slave fu
Does this mean there is a second CAN stack that works with RTEMS?
Could you provide information on this?

I am not that knowledgeable about CAN but would like to make sure
the Wiki has all the right information on what has been ported to RTEMS.