CANOpen implementation over RTEMS

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Wed Jun 13 07:22:19 UTC 2007

I began to take a look to the version 3.0, looks like quite
straightforward to make it running over RTEMS, I don't know about the
quality of the CANOpen protocol implementation yet. In principle we need
master and slave functions, not LSS right away.
What was the specific problems with the 1.31 version?

Regards,

-----------------------------
Aitor Viana Sánchez

ESA - European Space Technology Centre (ESTEC)
TEC-EDD - Data Handling and Computing Section
ESA/ESTEC P.O. Box 299 / 2200AG Noordwijk ZH, The Netherlands
Tel (+31) 71 565 6727
Email: aitor.viana.sanchez at esa.int

Wolfram Wadepohl <Wolfram.Wadepohl at ek-automation.com> wrote on 13/06/2007
07:44:41:

> we have implemented CANfestival in 1.31 version.
> there were many issuues we fixed but a general design problem remains,
> which i would explain if anybody is intereted.
> we got it licensend from the author under a diffent license to make it
> compatible with RTEMS licensing.

> version 2.x was incompatible from licensing

> version 3.0 is LGPL licensed, so compatible with RTMES but i have not
> looked at it.

> in the powerpc/gen5200 BSP is a CANdriver implemented. there is no
standard
> interface from middleware as CANopen to access the driver.

> it works, but we have plans to rewrite the CANopen layer from scratch.
what
> are your requirements? do you need master or slave functions? LSS
services?

> --
> Schöne Grüße aus Reutlingen

> Wolfram Wadepohl
> Forschung & Entwicklung

> E&K AUTOMATION
> Indumat GmbH & Co. KG
> Siemensstraße 3
> 72766 Reutlingen
> Deutschland

> Tel.  +49 7121 514-289
> Fax   +49 7121 514-299
> eMail Wolfram.Wadepohl at ek-automation.com
> W.Wadepohl at ieee.org
> WWW   http://www.ek-automation.com
> http://www.indumat.de

> Diese Nachricht ist keine geschäftliche Mitteilung i. S. des EHUG.

> Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint- (tm Microsoft)
Anhänge.