Network cable disconnect

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Wed Jun 20 16:40:41 UTC 2007

The original intent of the Internet was to be able to get data
through even in the event of a nuclear attack.  Allowing a minute for
a damaged connection to be cleared or routed around is quite
reasonable under those circumstances.   What is your need to detect a
disconnected cable that quickly?

--
Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>
Advanced Photon Source