GCC 4.1.1 m68k-rtems generating invalid code for -m5307 proce ssor ?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Jun 27 10:44:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 19:55 +1000, Chris Johns wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> > So you are saying a fundamental multilib variant is missing from the
> > rtems-m68k multilibs?
> >

> Given Ian's actual results and what I found taking a look at the m68k.md in
> gcc-4.2.0 I think there could be.
>
> I found TARGET_CFV4, TARGET_CF_HWDIV, and TARGET_COLDFIRE_FPU used. I do not
> know how TARGET_CF_HWDIV is defined and the v4 core has an FPU.
>
> So I would have thought a set of libs for the v4 core and if the HWDIV is
> supported on the v3 core and gcc uses it then this should also be considered.

I am open to proposals, but it's you guys (the actual m68k-rtems users)
who need to tell me which multilib versions would be really useful.

We currently have:
# m68k-rtems4.8-gcc --print-multi-lib
.;
m68000;@m68000
m5200;@m5200
mcpu32;@mcpu32
m68030;@m68030
m68040;@m68040
m68060;@m68060
msoft-float;@msoft-float
m68030/msoft-float;@m68030 at msoft-float
m68040/msoft-float;@m68040 at msoft-float
m68060/msoft-float;@m68060 at msoft-float

Which of them can be removed and which do you think are missing?

Ralf