GCC 4.1.1 m68k-rtems generating invalid code for -m5307 proce ssor ?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 27 14:17:40 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I am open to proposals, but it's you guys (the actual m68k-rtems users)
> who need to tell me which multilib versions would be really useful.

Great.

> We currently have:
> # m68k-rtems4.8-gcc --print-multi-lib
> .;
> m68000;@m68000
> m5200;@m5200
> mcpu32;@mcpu32
> m68030;@m68030
> m68040;@m68040
> m68060;@m68060
> msoft-float;@msoft-float
> m68030/msoft-float;@m68030 at msoft-float
> m68040/msoft-float;@m68040 at msoft-float
> m68060/msoft-float;@m68060 at msoft-float
>
> Which of them can be removed and which do you think are missing?

I do not think we should remove any at this point in time.

Looking at gcc-4.2.0/gcc/config/m68k/t-m68kelf it has a number of targets that
I would not have expected to generate any different code. I think I might do
some tests and report back to you. It does have the v3 and v4 support and I
think we should add these.

Regards
Chris