Why do the ARM920 based BSPs enable the MMU ?

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Mar 15 19:30:20 UTC 2007

Simon,

I am no ARM expert, but when I look into the arm/csb337/startup/memmap.c
file, it seems the MMU also controls, which memory ranges are cachable.
This is similar to the PowerPC architecture.

Although RTEMS uses a common memory for all threads and there is
normally no memory protection, disabling the cache for some areas is
quite important.

wkr,
Thomas.