Building RTEMS 4.7.0 (target=arm-rtems4.7)

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Mar 19 15:14:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 13:49 +0000, Karevaara, Teemu wrote:
>      Hello,
>
>   I tried to build RTEMS to ARM. I left out the BSP definition in
> order to build the source for all the supported board packages. The
> makefile script did not create any directory for BSPs. According to
> the installation instructions the RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH should be set to
> reference to this BSP specific directory. I could not find any
> relevant error messages in the makefile output. Does anyone have a
> clue what might be the problem?
I guess, you are looking at the wrong files or outdated documentation ;)

There are no "makefile"s in rtems-4.7.0 nor is RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH being
used.

Basically, building RTEMS boils down to this:

[make sure to have the required infrastructure installed]

# tar xjf rtems-4.7.0.tar.bz2
# mkdir BUILD
# cd BUILD
# ../rtems-4.7.0/configure --target=arm-rtems4.7
# make

or (instead of make)
# make RTEMS_BSP=
# make RTEMS_BSP=<desired BSP>