rtems_semaphore_obtain

Chris Xenophontos cxenophontos at hammers.com
Wed Mar 21 20:45:21 UTC 2007

An update to the problem:
After running 22 hours, there were two instances of the failure.  No
apparent change from using RTEMS_COUNTING_SEMAPHORE - unless other
attributes conflict with using a counting semaphore(?), ie.,
RTEMS_NO_INHERIT_PRIORITY, RTEMS_NO_PRIORITY_CEILING, etc.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the application with RTEMS4.6.6, and will
try that once we work out some cygwin/build issues.

In the meantime, for the next test, I'm going to restore original semaphore
attributes, then - disable/enable that interrupt upon task entry/exit.  This
should prevent the "walking" of the semaphore release while the task is
pending.

thanks
Chris Xenophontos