instruction access exception

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed May 9 11:21:22 UTC 2007

Ingolf Steinbach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hwulf at et-inf.fho-emden.de schrieb:
>
>> Now, when I start the program with #define DEBUG, the program stops at
>> an irregular instruction and the following lines are printed to the
>> console:
>>
>> Unexpected trap <0x01> at address 0xd0142300c
>> instruction access exception

The SPARC BSPs all end with a trap.  Double check that this isn't a normal
exit on an error detection path.  The key is whether or not that is a
valid address
for code in your program.
> Just a wild guess: Could this be caused by the bug discussed
> recently which leads to stack overflows when interrupts
> occur too frequently?
>
> If the program uses printf() (or any other output to stdout)
> extensively, the UART will probably generate a high interrupt
> load and might trigger a stack overflow.

This disclaimer is at odds with sending a message to a public list.
It was never intended to be private or confidential and was also
immediately archived.