Undefined macro ALIGN when using CMSG_NXTHDR macro

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed May 16 13:25:15 UTC 2007

Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have some code I am looking at possibly porting to rtems
> (avahi).

This is LGPL so be aware of the implications of linking this with
your application.
> However, the code uses recvmsg and the CMSG_NXTHDR macro.
>
> This results in a compile error because the ALIGN macro
> is not defined.

I am guessing that you could define it to nothing and try that.
Any guess what they are trying to align and why?
> Is this a macro that should be defined in the BSP?

If it really needs to be defined, it would not be a BSP issue, it
would be a generic architecture issue and more appropriate
for cpukit.
> Does this need to be "mbuf" aligned or just long word
> aligned?

That's the question I don't know the answer to.  What does the
default alignment get you?  malloc returns things appropriately
aligned for the architecture.