Compilation issues under i386 for i386.

Jean Gabriel Gonzalez jeangabriel at ou.edu
Mon May 28 18:59:15 UTC 2007

Hello Daron and Chris,

Thank you very much for your answers.

We have tried with your method :

So, we changed the configure command like that :

/root/Desktop/rtems-4.7.1/configure --target=i386-rtems4.7
--enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.7

It works well.

Then, we specified the PATH : export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.7/bin:${PATH}

After, we have made the following command :

#make all install

--> The compilation finished and created a lot of files in my buil
directory.

So, now, the next step for us it to boot on RTEMS. We have seen there are
severals samples in
./i386-rtems4.7/c/pc386/testsuites/samples

We have tried to boot directly on the hello application with grub
bootloader. In fact, we don't know if we can directly boot on these
applications because wich file correspond to the initrd and kernel image.

Or, do we have to launch these applications under Linux like a processus,
and how to?

If you have any ideas, let us know.

Regards and many thanks for your precious advices.

Matthieu Desarmeaux & Jean-Gabriel Gonzalez
Interns in the University of Oklahoma
School of Computer Science