Compilation issues under i386 for i386.

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon May 28 19:16:46 UTC 2007

Jean Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello Daron and Chris,
>
> Thank you very much for your answers.
>
> We have tried with your method :
>
> So, we changed the configure command like that :
>
> /root/Desktop/rtems-4.7.1/configure --target=i386-rtems4.7
> --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.7
>
> It works well.
>
> Then, we specified the PATH : export PATH=/opt/rtems-4.7/bin:${PATH}
>
> After, we have made the following command :
>
> #make all install
>
> --> The compilation finished and created a lot of files in my buil
> directory.
>
> So, now, the next step for us it to boot on RTEMS. We have seen there are
> severals samples in
> ./i386-rtems4.7/c/pc386/testsuites/samples
>
> We have tried to boot directly on the hello application with grub
> bootloader. In fact, we don't know if we can directly boot on these
> applications because wich file correspond to the initrd and kernel image.

RTEMS is not GNU/Linux. :)  The hello.exe you have is the entire executable.
You can boot it from a floppy image and use qemu if you like.

ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/4.7.1/contrib/pc386_grub_image/

contains an old grub image with some sample executables.   You can try it by
dd'ing it to a floppy of using qemu like "qemu -fda grub144".