[Repost] Globally disabling preemption

Keith Robertson kjrobert at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 15 15:08:43 UTC 2007

[Rephrased question]
Possibly a stupid question, however, it'd be great to confirm/clarify
the following:

Given a running RTEMS_NO_PREEMPT thread, A, is A guaranteed to run after
an isr, regardless of any other threads the isr may make ready?

In general, in rtems is it safe to use RTEMS_NO_PRREMPT
enabling/disabling as mechanism of protecting a critical section from
other threads?

Cheers.

Keith