External RAM filesystem

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 20 14:22:18 UTC 2007

Hi Joel,

I should probably join in the conversation too, as a persistent RAM
disk will be important in our upcoming RTEMS applications.

I like this idea for the IMFS.
But a question: for our vxWorks based systems, we create a RAM disk
in an area of RAM that is preserved during OS restarts. We can then
verify/remount the disk after vxWorks restarts. Would this be a
possibility for the IMFS with a custom pool/malloc/free ?

Thanks,

Alan