External RAM filesystem

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int
Tue Nov 20 16:00:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yes, I am also quite interested in that solution but i am still one step
back stuck with the IMFS trying to mount an external RAMDisk and using it
properly. And, i don't know whether the problems I am getting are because
of my configuration and or they are coming from the RTEMS IMFS.

Basically, the configuration I got is this:

        rtems_bdbuf_config rtems_bdbuf_configuration[] = {
          { 512, 200, (unsigned char *) _SDRAM_FS_ADDR }
        };
        int rtems_bdbuf_configuration_size =(
sizeof(rtems_bdbuf_configuration)
 /sizeof(rtems_bdbuf_configuration[0]));

        rtems_ramdisk_config rtems_ramdisk_configuration[] = {
          {512, 200, (void *) _SDRAM_FS_ADDR}
        };

        size_t rtems_ramdisk_configuration_size = (
sizeof(rtems_ramdisk_configuration)
 /sizeof(rtems_ramdisk_configuration[0]));

and when I mount the ramdisk space

        memset(&rqdata, 0, sizeof(rqdata));
        rqdata.OEMName = "Rtems";
        rqdata.VolLabel = "RAMDISK";
        rqdata.fattype = MSDOS_FMT_FATANY;
        rqdata.quick_format = TRUE;

        assert(msdos_format("/dev/ramdisk0", &rqdata) == 0);

        status = (rtems_status_code)rtems_fsmount(
                        fs_mnt_table,
                        sizeof(fs_mnt_table)/sizeof(fs_mnt_table[0]),
                        NULL
                        );

everything goes well. Now if I try to store files sized ~50Kbyte,
gorgeous...but now, writting files sized ~2MB raised an I/O error in the
fwrite routine and I do not understand why.

any clue?

//avs