How to GDB RTEMS via a serial line in VMware

Ian Jiang ianjiang.cn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:57:25 UTC 2007

Hi all!

I want to establish an enviroment including 2 virtual machines in a VMware workstation. One is the host that has RTEMS developing tools, the other is the target where RTEMS runs. They are connected with a serial (a virtual provided by the VMware workstation).
Could someone give some instructions or referencse on debuging RTEMS via a serial line with GDB? Thanks a lot!

BTW:
My host is Suse-10.1 with RTEMS-4.7.1 tools chain installed, and I am able to run tests, such as hello-world, network-demo etc, on
the target very well.

Best wishes!

Ian Jiang
ianjiang.cn at gmail.com