Newbie having problems finding rtems.h

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Fri Nov 23 06:10:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am attempting to get a system going on Windows 2000 under MinGW,
and I am having problems compiling the test programs for a Motorola
68332 using the Mini Robo Minds (mrm332) board support package.

I have installed MinGW 5.1.3, MSYS 1.0.10, and msysDTK 1.0.0,
followed by RTEMS 4.8 tools 16, then rtems 4.7.99.2. Bootstrapped the
system, configured, and installed according to the Wiki page. I have
configured the tools for only coldfire and m68k. Install time about 5-6 hours.

I have downloaded and installed the example programs and I am trying
to build hello_world_c.

I have set my RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH to
/c/opt/src/rtems/m68k/m68k-rtems4.8/mrm332 and when I try and do a
make, gcc finds the Makefile.inc in the bsp directory, but the
include of <rtems.h> in <bsp.h> (as well as the includes for the
files in the directory rtems) result in the error:

c:/opt/src/rtems/m68k/m68k-rtems4.8/mrm332/lib/include/bsp.h:24:19:
error: rtems.h: No such file or directory

 From what I can see, there needs to be another -B option on the
m68k-rtems4.8-gcc line pointing the compiler to the includes
directory one level up.

How do I, correctly, get around this error?

Thanks in advance,
Andrei