RTEMS autotools installation on mingw

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Nov 6 09:57:32 UTC 2007

Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com wrote:

> I installed mingw to c:\mingw and msys (and its dtk)  to c:\mingw\msys.

That is a little different but that is ok. The installer should handle this.

> How does it try do detect MSYS, maybe that could give me a clue as to what is missing on my pc.

The code is here for MSYS:

http://www.rtems.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rtems/contrib/mingw/msys-path.nsi?rev=1.3

Yeah I know this is strange looking stuff so let me explain the process. The
first failure is 'Function MSYSDetectSilent'. It looks first in 'c:\msys\1.0'
then it looks in the registry under the key at the top of the file. The same
happens for the DTK.

Do you have the entries in the registry and if so are in they correct ?

If there is something else please let me know what it is.

As a work around if you create the keys as expected and set the path the
installer should work.

I think I may look at adding to the installer the ability to select via a
dialog box thingy the path to MSYS etc when the installer does not find the
MSYS. This will how-ever not happen for a while.

Regards
Chris