rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig problem using C++

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Nov 12 22:37:51 UTC 2007

Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int wrote:

> I don't know why this is happening. Can anyone give a clue?

The extra parameter was added a while ago and provided a way to inform any
driver interested if the call was connecting a device or disconnecting the
device. The extra parameter is ignored by driver's that only connect. The
trick works in C but not in C++.

The extra parameter allows hot-plug hardware to be supported.

I tend to add a C file to the project to handle just this part of the
configuration and access that from C++. It is not a perfect solution but it
works. The other solution is to add the extra parameter to the drivers.

Regards
Chris