AVR32 BSP

Juergen Zeller juergen.zeller at argovision.de
Tue Oct 16 06:57:26 UTC 2007

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> Juergen Zeller wrote:
>> Hello Group,
>>
>> is anyone planing to develop a BSP for Atmel AVR32?
>> The ATNGW32 description sounds nice for me. What are your impressions?
>>

> The RTEMS AVR port was started by Ralf.  It is incomplete
> and he is the best source of its status.  Given that he has
> at least put the shell of the port in place and there are
> RPMs you can download, some of the initial work has to be
> done.
correct me if I'm wrong. I thought this port was is a try to fit RTEMS
into small AVR 8-bit Controllers.
The AVR32 Controllers are full featured Controllers with MMU Highspeed
USB dual Ethernet etc.. Atmel provides a real Linux BSP (2.6.x Kernel)
for that. So I would think an interesting platform for RTEMS.

> My google of "ATNGW32" doesn't turn up anything.
Sorry, fingers faster than brain! The exact Name is ATNGW100.
Here ist the Atmel link of the board:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4102
This reference design ist avalaible in Germany for less than 100Euro, so
an ideal starting point for me.
Here the controllers link:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=3903
> Any
> 16 or 32 bit CPU with 256K of code/data memory should
> be a good target to use porting RTEMS.  With that much
> memory you can run most of the RTEMS tests.  You can field
> applications with less than that but this is tests we are
> talking about.
>
> Can you provide a link to the CPU model and board you are
> referring to?

AVR32AP7000: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=3903
ATNGW100: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4102

--juergen