AVR32 BSP

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Oct 16 08:00:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 08:57 +0200, Juergen Zeller wrote:
> Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> > Juergen Zeller wrote:
> >> Hello Group,
> >>
> >> is anyone planing to develop a BSP for Atmel AVR32?
> >> The ATNGW32 description sounds nice for me. What are your impressions?
> >>

> > The RTEMS AVR port was started by Ralf.  It is incomplete
> > and he is the best source of its status.  Given that he has
> > at least put the shell of the port in place and there are
> > RPMs you can download, some of the initial work has to be
> > done.
> correct me if I'm wrong. I thought this port was is a try to fit RTEMS
> into small AVR 8-bit Controllers.
Not quite - The whole avr port in RTEMS actually is a preliminary port
of RTEMS to the GNU avr toolchain (binutils, GCC, gdb).

As it has never been completed (and still is incomplete), it has never
been explicitly addressing "small" nor "big" avrs. It's just the "avr
family", as it's being defined by GCC.

I.e. if the specific cpus your are referring to, are members of this cpu
family, chances are good to get things going without much effort.

Ralf