panic error with powerpc/virtex BSP

Jukka Pietarinen jukka.pietarinen at mrf.fi
Tue Oct 2 11:13:08 UTC 2007

Pierre,

Pierre Kestener wrote:
> I am having problems in running the RTEMS helloworld example on a ML405
> board (very similar to ML403). I made the FPGA design with the Xilinx
> EDK tool and then modified the xparameters_dflt.h that is in the RTEMS
> BSP with the one generated by EDK.
>
> When running the helloworld, i receive the following output:
>
> opb_intc_init: mask = 0x7
> rtems-4.7.99.2(PowerPC/PowerPC 405/virtex) PANIC ERROR 5
> system stopped, press RESET
>
> I am not sure to what refer the number 5 as a PANIC ERROR. Has someone
> an idea of what could done here ?

I think there is a problem with the linkcmds of the virtex BSP in
4.7.99.2. The linker script defines _end to be at the end of the .data
section whereas I think it should be defined to be at the end of .bss.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached please find diff against a linkcmds I'm using for a Virtex II
Pro board.

HTH.

Regards,
Jukka