firewire video on RTEMS-4.6.x-MVME5500

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 12 13:37:08 UTC 2007

Mark Rivers wrote:

>I just did a quantitative data throughput measurement.
>
>The time to capture 368 frames at 1360x1024 resolution was 12.216 seconds.  This is 33.2 msec /frame.
>
>The total amount of data is thus 512 MB, for a data rate of 42MB/second.

I think  Mark and I  were talking about performance in two
different asepcts.

1) Of course, I have no doubt that almost all morden platform
including window can capture data at high speed.  What I talked
about was to capture data and display the video on the PC screen
at the same time.  That sort of real-time.

2) I was talikng about using EPICS CA for video display.  However,
it sounds like your system bypassed lots of overhead and it does not
use EPICS CA for display.

Thus, it's hard to compare between apple and orange.

Kate